Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend Fun!

I hope you all had a great Easter! He is risen!
 
I'll just jump right on in.
 
We started our Easter weekend with a delayed Passover Seder with Husband-Man's family (he was raised Jewish. Did you guys know that? Have I told you that?).
 
Michael helped lead the seder with his PawPaw and Husband-Man. He is such a cool kid. Nerdy, goofy and adorable. Utterly likeable. And he loves his PawPaw.

Pops and M. Seder buddies!

On Saturday morning our Lodge (Elks #8) had an Easter Egg Hunt for kids and they asked Husband-Man to be the Easter Bunny for the second year in a row. Michael was on hand to help manage the kids and when it was discovered that he had a Spider-Man hoodie he was pressed into service as Spider-Man.
Spidey was unable to convince G that the Easter Bunny wasn't going to eat him. At least the first time.

 

It took some time and patience to get G to be willing to sit on the EB's lap. But finally after he "bribed" the EB with some candy (I'm not sure what he was thinking...maybe that if the EB ate the candy he wouldn't eat G...I don't know. He's 2 and a half. Who knows what goes on in that mind of his.) he finally acquiesced to sit on his lap. But he was in no way happy about it. Check out that face. It's my favorite.
 
We woke up on Easter morning and had a great time looking through the baskets left by the EB. Michael got some new Spidey comics and a cool Spidey keychain and an Adidas SackPack that he's beeing wanting for a while, along with candy and a chocolate bunny.
 
G chewing on a worm from his basket.

Bunny wabbit.
 
G got a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse camera (It doesn't take real pics) and a fishing game. Along with a Mickey plush dressed as the Easter Bunny. Sooo cute. Plus of course the candy and such. Not too much though. I'm trying to reduce the amounts of unhealthy foods we are eating.
 
I didn't get pics of their baskets either because I was too busy having fun playing the fishing game with G. Trying to take a stance of less is more. If I spend all my time taking the pics then I won't really have the memories of playing with him will I. I'm picking and choosing.
I chose to play yesterday.

After our traditional egg hunt in the yards (M had 8 camo eggs he had to find and G had fun colored ones and I do have video for that...I just have to figure out how to get it from FB to YouTube.) we went to the Zoo, for the fifty thousandth time. What can I say. We love The Louisville Zoo.

G rode the train for the first time after asking to the last few times we've been there. He sat really still and seemed nervous through the whole ride. We sang the Dinosaur Train song for him and Dinosaurs A-Z and announce the "time tunnels" and everything. He was still uneasy about it.
 
I didn't bother trying to get pics because I was more worried about keeping him feeling safe and secure. I have no idea why he was so nervous but I think we'll hold off on doing that again for a while. Poor sweetie.  
 
But I got some sweet shots of him on the slide at one of the playgrounds.
 
This is my favorite. He was squealing WEEEE! The whole time.
G loves Kipper as well and uses a lot of Kipper's words. "Ready. Steady. Go." and "Wee hee" and "Way Hey". Kipper is such a sweet show. If you aren't familiar with him...check him out.

Michael met up with his prom date again while she was dining on salad. Apparently their date is still on. We'll see if that lasts.
 
Last year they met for the first time.

This year they renewed their acquaintance. It's love.
We ended the day with me having a huge headache (I think it's allergy related because it's still here this morning.)
 
I spent the evening cuddled up in bed with G and watching Pride & Prejudice and Emma while he looked at picture books and flopped around, willy nilly. It satisfied my need for intelligent and sweet and his need for snuggles.
 
I hope your Easter was wonderful. We didn't go to church, we never do, but we celebrated in our special way and acknowledged the sacrifices made and the joy of the resurrection.
 
 I hope you have a blessed week!
 
As always; Don't forget to be social. You can find me on Facebook here and follow me on Twitter @InANutShelley. You can also find me on Instagram as InANutShelley. Can't wait to hear from you.
 
Smooches!
Shelley 

No comments: